Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Number 98: The Next Step - Cityscape Plein Air!

Talk about kicking it up a notch or two! All I remember thinking at the time was, "I have to paint downtown!" Well, being the brave soul that I am, and without a second thought, I packed my gear and headed downtown. I found the perfect spot and settled in for a small painting session. This is where I was introduced to curious people and suspicious police officers. The building on the right is city hall and one of the buildings on the left is the police station. The colors are all there, but there's still a lot of work to be done. I think I'll call this a color study! Oh! And I think I should start painting out of sight for a while. Criticism and the fact that I don't have a clue what I'm doing yet just don't seem to go together...
 
City Square - 5x7 Oil on Canvas Board

No comments: