Monday, September 21, 2009

Number 86: Loving Life!!

I'm doing a tribute painting this week.

I had a 'first date' with the most wonderful person I've ever had the privilege of meeting! She is a total sweetheart and we spent the entire evening sitting by a small lake talking and drinking wine, or drinking wine and talking - it depends on who's telling the story.

I've known this person for about a year, but have never had the... Well, you know how it goes sometimes...

Now, that's all well and good, but there's a back story...

I know what we're going to be doing and where we're going for this 'first date', but I don't know what kind of wine she likes. So when she tells me, I think, 'yeah, that should be easy!' only to find out NOT so easy...

Three stores later, and wine in hand, this story begins...

And here's where I am...

at the beginning...



I've got a good start... And then I get a text message from her. Do I, or don't I? I send her a photo that she watched me take while we were talking - and one that I'm thinking of putting to canvas... in addition to my 'start' above...



Our First Sunset... (Painting to come...)

She says she loves both! So, I know that I'm on the right track with the painting and I'm alright with a camera!

Well, she's only seen the beginning - of the painting - so here's the final...


Impossible Find - 5x7 Oil on Canvas Board
(Not for sale...)

The name says it all!! And not only the wine, hehe!!

Needless to say, I've had the best weekend I've had in a LONG, LONG time!!

And, Jen, I REALLY do love your new shoes!! (Just for the record!!)



No comments: