Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Number 94: Sunflowers and Black-Eyed Susans in Vase

 
I don't know if this qualifies as a plein air still life or not. I decided that since it was nice outside and I had a couple of minutes between mowing the lawn and other chores around the house that I'd take this nice little arrangement out on my back porch and move some paint around a canvas. Yes, the tomato harvest has been good this year, as has the cucumbers...

 
And presto! My main focus was on the light playing through the vase and the somewhat complementary colors of reds and greens with a splash of yellow. I still have a hard time believing that a limited four color palette can create such an awesome mix of colors!

 
Sunflowers and Black-Eyed Susans in Green Vase
5x7 Oil on Canvas Board

No comments: