Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Number 96: Baseball is in the Air...

Ah, Spring! The smell of the leather baseball glove and the pop of the baseball hitting the pocket as you play catch with your best friend after school. The memories came flooding back as I watched the first game of the year on TV and heard the first crack of the bat...
 
Inspiration hit me like that ball lost in the sun, missing the glove, and WHAM!! Right in the head!! I set it up in my newly built shadow box and this is what happened.
 
I'm enjoying this painting thing more and more the more I do it!! Here's how the final picture turned out...
 
Baseball - 5x7 Oil on Canvas Board
Even though there are some compositional issues that need to be resolved, all in all I think that this one didn't turn out so bad for a beginner!

No comments: