Sunday, September 27, 2009

Number 85: A Day Well Spent!

I've been busily painting this weekend, but wanted to post a couple that were done yesterday.

I had the privilege of spending time with three adorable ladies scouting out painting sites. I met up with them to visit a local nature center where we learned about the local fauna and flora. We hiked the trails and then went and painted. I painted mine fairly quickly as I needed to throw dinner together. So food was my inspiration...



And here's my rendition...



Coulda Been Salsa, 5x7 - Oil on Canvas Panel

I guess that subconsiously I like onions and jalapenos more than I like tomatoes - I made them bigger! I didn't notice that when I was painting. Anyway, there was no salsa involved, just a great salad!

The other two submissions are from my awesome painting buddies, and budding artists, Kelly and Alexis!



Kelly's First Published Artwork!!
5x7, Watercolor on Canvas Panel



Alexis's First Published Artwork!!
5x7, Watercolor on Canvas Panel

It was truly a pleasure spending the day and painting with these wonderful young ladies! It's so amazing to see things through fresh, young eyes!! I hope to do it again soon!!


No comments: