Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Number 93: Feathers of a Bird...

 
This one brings me up to speed with what I've painted so far - Feathers of a Bird. Or should it be birds of a feather? Anyway, I have white pigeons and occasionally they drop some pretty fine looking feathers. I picked a couple up earlier in the day with the intention of maybe painting them when I didn't have anything else to do. But I came home from work late that same night and decided it was time to take the 'white challenge'. 
 
This one is my favorite so far. I haven't seen too many paintings of feathers out there that didn't include the whole bird that usually goes with them. The different shades of white, the shadows, and the way the light plays off the quills made this one quite an interesting challenge.
Feathers of a Bird - 5x7 Oil on Canvas Board
WOW!! SOLD!!

2 comments:

Stephen Magsig said...

Looks great, best of luck on the first 100, it will be interesting to see you progress.

SMK said...

Thank you for stopping by, Stephen. I hope they go by quickly AND painlessly!