Thursday, November 12, 2009

Number 77 - Me, Lazy? A Pine Cone Revisited


A Pine Cone Revisited
5x7, Oil on Canvas Board

So, after posting First Impression (see previous post - Number 78) I got an e-mail wondering why I got so lazy with that one. Well, I didn't think that I got lazy with it - I was simply experimenting with being painterly and laying down the fewest strokes for an impressionistic representation of a pine cone. I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't the happiest with the result, but it was what I set out to do.

I really do appreciate the feedback, though, and I didn't know that I had established a style of my own that is recognizable. After revisiting the pine cone, though, I've noticed that I HAVE developed somewhat of a style of my own! I'll try to stick closer to this style and not deviate so dramatically next time I try something new.

But I DO intend to improve on this new-found style! Continuing on...




Just for the record, I do like Revisited MUCH better than First Impression!  ;-)

No comments: