Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Number 75 - Gettin' Dark at Bacon Creek Lake...


Gettin' Dark at Bacon Creek Lake
5x7, Oil on Canvas Panel

I took my newly organized kit out to a local park for a test drive late this afternoon. It's been overcast and misting all day, so my expectations weren't very high. But at the very end of the day, as the sun set, there was light!! And it ended up on my canvas... This one was done VERY quickly and I was worried that the colors were SO off, but the values at the end seemed to work so I went with it. Enjoy!



And after returning from the park I snapped this shot of my newly organized kit. This is my 12x16 Open Box M, six most used brushes - 4s and 6s in brights, filberts, and rounds, along with paints, roll of additional brushes, and a paper towel roll. Not shown are my tripod bag and garbage sack. All together, it's extremely light considering how much equipment there is!

No comments: