Thursday, July 17, 2014

Plus 1 - Abstract Skyscape

Abstract Skyscape, 10x8, Oil on Canvas Panel
Painted 5/24/14

This is my first skyscape. I haven't seen too many skyscape paintings from above, but I'm sure that there are plenty out there. 

As those of you that know me know, I love to fly and have flown all over the world for both business and pleasure. This piece reminds me of being above the clouds and ocean during dawn or sunset, either chasing the sun or racing into it depending on which direction you're flying. It brings a smile to my face, but that's just me!

Let me know what you think of it, what feelings it presents to you, in the comments. I appreciate the feedback.

Also, you may have noticed that I'm changing things up a bit in the title designation. I've decided that since I've completed the first 100, I'm going to designate the next 400 as 'Plus' instead of 'Number'. I think having a 'Number' on each side of zero would be confusing, and I don't want to use 'Negative', LOL!!! Anyway, moving forward, the sequence designator will change to 'Plus'.

Thanks for stopping by!

-- SMK


No comments: