Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year, and an Anniversary...

Happy New Year, everyone!! Wow! I can't believe that 2009 flew by like it did! Here's to 2010 and the health and prosperity I hope it will bring!!

Well, it's been a whole year since I started painting! It sure did go fast! I've had a couple of friends ask me to post some of the 'early' works - my Bob Ross pieces, hehe!! Well, here you go!




Mountains and Trees, 16x20 Oil on Canvas Panel

This is my very first painting using the Bob Ross painting style. This is what got me into painting with oils! I really liked the style and the results, but I developed a fascination for painting from life as opposed to painting a 'happy world'...


Crashing Wave, 16x20 Oil on Canvas Panel

Another of my Bob Ross-ish paintings. This one looks like the background of a Japanese movie poster, haha!! As with all of my painting experiences, this was one that I learned a lot from...



Hunting Cabin, 16x20 Oil on Canvas Panel

Still using the Bob Ross technique, but this one was from a reference photo. One could say that I was expanding my horizons. You might recognize this one from one of the last ones I just did on 5x7. I used the same references...



January Sky, 16x20 Oil on Canvas Panel

Finally, this one is my first true plein aire. I didn't know what plein air was at the time, but the sky was just so amazing during this sunset last January I just had to take my 'easel' out on the back deck and try to capture it!

I've come so far in the last year and I just want to thank everyone that contributed to my growth during this very short beginning! I've learned so very much from all of you and I hope I learn much more in the coming years!

And a special thank you to all of you that check in to this blog from time to time. It's nice to know that there are folks 'looking in the windows', so to speak. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll take a moment and leave a comment or two in the coming year. It really does help to have feedback - both good and bad - it's all a learning experience.

Thanks again, and have a Happy New Year!!


No comments: