Sunday, October 4, 2009

Number 83 - The Last of the Roses...

This is the last of the roses for the 2009 season...

As sad as that might sound, I'm eager for the seasons to continue - I've been scouting out all the locations that I would like to paint in the future! There are SO MANY!!

But for now, these roses were cut and put in a vase anticipating a frost which didn't come.



I REALLY like painting on my new Open Box M!! It fits almost every canvas panel that I paint on. But I found that after painting this one, 5" is awfully close to the absolute minimums... When I finished I went to take the canvas panel out and simply grabbed it and it released from the holders and slid down to the bottom of the lid. That's OK, though!! I'm almost to the point of moving up to 6x8!!

Anyway, here's the finished painting...



The Last of the '09 Roses - 5x7, Oil on Panel



No comments: